So Echoer’s now out there. Globally. It hit App Stores around the world on Thursday and we’ve been blown away with the reception it has got. The 16,223 individual receptions in fact.
It’s difficult to say how blown away in words, so we’ll show why in numbers. Here’s Echoer’s first weekend in stats:
- Less than 100 hours since launched
- 16,223 downloads in total
- 28,000 new echoes, amps and places & people favorited
- 93,000 Echoes viewed
- Peak of 30 registrations a min
- 2.5 hours sleep
What’s been the most gratifying part of the weekend is seeing users getting valuable information out of the platform. Some information we’d envisaged people could use Echoer for, and others opening our eyes to what’s out there:
- Local restaurant recommendations in Paris
- Broadcasts of Church service times in the US
- Reporting traffic jams in Bahrain
- Complaints from bus stops about bus wait times in Canada
- Local businesses placing ads, here’s one we liked a lot “iPhone , iPad , laptop supplies & more Hoooot price”
- Cracking a lot of jokes: Austin Starbucks goers describing coffee as “God’s way of apologizing for early mornings”
- One user asking “shisha girls” to contact him (with an email address placed in the Echo bubble)
And thanks to the numbers of downloads we’ve hit top ten apps across multiple countries, including reaching no.1 free download in Saudi Arabia! We are now in the process of translating our tutorial (now at http://www.echoer.com/tutorial) into various languages.
It’s extremely rewarding to see the months of work our team have dedicated to Echoer coming off. We’re extremely grateful to everyone that’s invested the time to download, register and start Echoing over the last few days. From everyone here at Echoer HQ…Thank You!